Friday 8 January 2016

Just Do It


This time of year can be really difficult with so much excitement for the new year, a fresh start and so much inspiration for enhancing your life, until reality kicks in and we're back to work, college and school. We put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect only to be disappointed when we didn't achieve all that we had hoped. I think its safe to say that we can be a little too hard on ourselves with sometimes extreme expectations especially when it comes to diet and weight loss. I have always struggled with my weight. Growing up like most teenage girls I would put myself on diets that were way to strict and extreme workouts that would never last and would always bring me back to square one. It has only been in the last 3 years that I have learnt how to really look after and nourish my body. 




On new years eve I set myself some health and fitness goals that I was so set on achieving. I was on a role before Christmas and really getting into a good grove and was really happy with all I was achieving. Until Christmas eve came that was, I know it was Christmas and that's what its all about. I didn't over do it to much but I missed my workouts. I then came down with the flu which knocked me for six. But now I'm better and still haven't worked out this week.




So this evening well all week actually I've been scrolling through instagram  looking at fitness accounts and athletes images feeling a little discouraged and disappointed in myself for letting myself go. Until the thought came to me. What are they doing differently to me? Well not scrolling through instagram 'wishing' they had those bodies, they are out there working for them. They are eating extremely healthy and not starving themselves. I have a choice just like they do to get out there and "Just Do It"! 




I think the key is to start small,focus on being healthy and not think about how much you have to lose rather how far you have come to get to this point. Changing your mindset from thinking that you are depriving yourself from not eating chocolate to thinking of how you are nourishing yourself by having that healthy meal filled with vitamins which will therefore improve you skin, hair and nails. The same goes for exercise. Instead of thinking of punishing your body for being naughty over Christmas think of how you are improving your body everyday and how lovely and lean you will look on the beach in the summer. Like everything in life there are no secrets other then getting up and just doing it! 

Yours stylishly 

Kerrie x  


Jacket - Similar Here Tights - Nicer Here Trainers - Similar Here - 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig