Monday 22 February 2016

The Body Confidence Series - Assessment Day & Goal Setting

Today I am very excited to announce as promised the official launch of 'The Body Confidence Series'. Last year I created the 'Fit & Fabulous Series', which I created to not only motivate and help you guys reach your health and fitness goals but also to motivate myself too. I knew I couldn't give up and let you down with so many of you watching. I really enjoyed the series and loved planing posts and hearing all your feedback so I really hope you enjoy this series as much as last year. It is 15 weeks until the first of June so I am going to make this series longer and run it until then. Focusing on eating healthy meals and workouts that will make us feel a little bit more body confident. 

Body confidence is something we all want and should have but only a few really have it. We are constantly comparing ourselves to models and celebrities with what we consider to be the perfect shape when really they are probably feeling just as self conscious as we are. One of my main aims with this series is to feel confident in my own skin. Every summer I go out and buy the prettiest bikinis I can find but never wear them. So that is my goal for this year. I am not going to weigh my self or measure certain areas to see how much I have lost. Instead I want to focus on how I'm feeling on the inside and how it makes me feel about the outside. 


When I was younger I was convinced that if I was this certain weight or certain size in clothes I would be happy. I got to that weight and am now the size in clothes I always wanted to be and I'm still not happy, because I've been eating rubbish, not exercising as much as I would like to and my sleep patterns are all over the place. I don't want to go through life waking up tired and cranky craving coffee and then lacking in motivation all day only to disappoint myself when I don't reach my goals. So this is what this series is all about - living a more positive and healthy lifestyle.

Assessment Day - 22/02/2016

Being healthy isn't just about your body its also about your mind. I want to practice being mindful and meditation and focus on having a more positive outlook on life, being grateful and happy.

My hair is dry and my skin is dehydrated - Increase water, fruits and veggie intake.

My arms, lower tummy and hips have a little to much jiggle on them - Look up more exercises to target those areas and improve diet. 

I love weight training but cardio is where I fall down. I would love to run at least 5k without stopping before summer. 


Body Confidence Goals 

Start each morning with a cup of hot water and a slice of lemon.

Increase my water intake to 2/3 liters a day. 

Eat as clean as possible during the week but if I have a meeting or event where there's not as healthy options available don't allow myself to feel guilty. 

Meditate for five minutes every day. 

Workout for at least one hour 5/6 times a week.

I downloaded a running app called '5k Runner' which I will mix and match with my workouts daily so that I am increasing my cardio while still toning up.

Its all about taking baby steps so I am going to be working through this list from now until summer and then have an other assessment day to see what's working and what's not. I would love if you could follow along and we can all become body confident together. I created a group on facebook which you can feel free to join - The Body Confidence Series by Bella and Vogue which will act as my healthy eating diary so you can see everything I'm eating daily which maybe even give you a few ideas too.

I really hope you enjoy this series and if you have any questions or suggestions for future post's please let me know on any of my social media accounts or by commenting below. I'd love to hear from you! 

Here's to a healthy and happy week! 

Yours stylishly

Kerrie x 

This post is in aid of the #KissGoodbyeToMS campaign. I would be very grateful if you could get involved too by wearing red lipstick or something red, sharing with friends and daring them to wear red too. Don't forget to donate by texting 'smooch' to 50300. If you are an international reader or are unable to donate you can get involved by sharing this post to help raise awareness in your country! 

 This is very much appreciated and Thank you again for all of your support! 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig