Monday 29 February 2016

The Body Confidence Series - Week 1


 Its the first week of 'The Body Confidence Series' and I am so excited. There's nothing like waking up, working out and really looking after yourself. Its a real sense of achievement and we should feel really proud of ourselves. Last week was all about assessing our bodies and setting goals in order to enhance what our mamma's gave us. So this week is all about getting into a routine and finding out what works best in order to help us achieve those goals. We need to remember that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. So making small positive changes daily will have a huge impact in the future. Its like goal setting, visualizing the long term goal and then breaking it up into shorter term goals and working towards them ever single day. 



Mindset 

When listing my goals last week I mentioned that I wanted to start practicing mindfulness and meditation. I bought the book The Untethered Soul and am currently working my way through it. It is really deep but I highly recommend reading it if you are any way interested in mindfulness or learning about how the mind works.

Inner Beauty

I need to increase my water intake. I usually drink little all day and then become really thirsty at night. I need to get into the habit of sipping water gradually throughout the day. I love green juices as crazy as that sounds but have been slacking as of late so having a green juice every second morning is a priority for me. I also want to increase my fruit and vegetable intake and look up new interesting recipes. 



Outer Beauty 

My workout focus for this week is my tummy. Last year I downloaded a free app - Ab Challenge. It was really good and helped me to tone up. It is really handy for days that you are unable to attend the gym or a class as you don't need any equipment. I always felt guilty when I missed a day so it motivated you to keep going. I will also be including my own two ab circuits - My Current Ab Routine  and My At Home Ab Routine. These include my favourite core exercise as well as the ones I find most effective. I also want to improve my squat game and increase my cardio. I dislocated my knee a few years ago so I take my time and ensure that I am careful when doing squats as it is really painful if I over do it. Four Weeks To Toned Cheeks is an other circuit I put together to help work that booty. I will also be including this in my workout this week as well as increasing my cardio by walking for one hour everyday. If you can are starting out with cardio you can checkout my post - Fit Chicks Guide To Getting Started With Cardio.

What are your healthy lifestyle plans for this week? If you have any healthy recipes or more workout ideas I'd love to hear them and if you have any suggestions for blog post you can leave them in a comment below too. 

Thanks so much for reading!

Yours Stylishly 

Kerrie x   

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig