Monday 28 March 2016

The Body Confidence Series - Week 5


So week five is here and we are making our way through the series pretty quickly. Summer is fast approaching and I am determined to wear a bikini on the beach this year. As mentioned in last weeks post I was in Manchester up until Tuesday. I spent the rest of the week trying to get back into the swing of things. I was so sleep deprived when I got home and feel like I am only recovering now. I was also on holiday mode as it is the bank holiday here in Ireland . This week I am determined to get back on track and am actually craving working out, especially after all of those Easter eggs yesterday. Who else is guilty?


Even though I am so motivated to get back on track, I am remaining sensible as I don't want to over do it and cause an injury. I learnt this the hard way. I love working out so much but can go a bit over board once I get into it especially on squats which caused me to further injure my knee.  As we all know stretching is so important. I think its even more important if you have an injury as it helps to strengthen the muscle but don't quote me on that one. Doing gentle stretches in the past has helped to strengthen my own knee injury and has helped with my flexibility and mobility. I plan on doing gentle stretches every morning when I first wake up as it will help to make my body feel fit and healthy as well as putting me in the right mindset ready for the day ahead. I will also do stretches before and after every workout.


I don't know about you but I find it really hard to stick to a workout if I don't have a plan. The same goes if I get a little to over ambitious so this week its all about doing the very best I can everyday and not being to hard on myself if I don't achieve all that I had planed as long as I wake up the next day and work out harder than I did the day before. 

Mindset 

I am really happy with where my mindset is at the moment. I have been working really hard lately to be positive and happy every day and believe me sometimes it isn't that easy. But the more you work at it the easier it will become and your whole life will change for the better. 

Inner Beauty

My diet this past week has been so bad. It started when I was in Manchester right up until today. I know its Easter and you're aloud to indulge a little bit but boy did I take full advantage and yes I seriously regret it now. Sometimes I feel when having a binge like that really motivates you to get back on track as quickly as you can and never wanting to look at chocolate again.  This week I really want to improve my diet insuring that I am getting enough of the right nutrients, vitamins, fruits and veggies. 


Outer Beauty

My workout plan for this week is from tomorrow to Saturday and then on Saturday I will make a new plan increasing my workouts from Sunday to the Saturday after that. So every morning will consist of a five minute stretching routine.Followed by twenty minutes using my weighted hula hoop. I will then do the '30 Day Ab Challenge' along with the '30 Day Squat Challenge'. These are both free apps on your iPhone or Android. I completed both of these last summer and found them brilliant. Later in the day I will go for a walk for one hour every second day and on the other day I will do the '5K Runner app' which prepares you for running 5K. After I do this I will also do my own at home 'ab circuit'. I will finish my routine with stretches from Rosanna Davison's Pilates at home DVD. I'll keep you all posted on how everything goes. 

Yours stylishly 

Kerrie x  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig